Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bad, Bad H-P

I thought I'd follow up yesterday's post scolding Yahoo for their sketchy if not nefarious actions with their IM update with a scolding of HP today. I already wasn't happy with them in regrads to my notebook computer I got 2 years ago. I had some bad experiences with their customer support due to their inability to communicate simple things with me such as not informing me that they were going to schedule a UPS pick-up time for the computer, let alone asking me if that would work for me.

I logged onto their online store because none of the stores in my area carry the 135W power supply that I need for my laptop. It was annoying that when rejecting my credit card they gave me an order number and told me to call their 888 number & customer service could give me no more detail than "bank rejected it; call your bank" when actually in double checking it I used the wrong experation date. But that can happen anywhere these days.

H-P's big no,no was the option for having them send you the email equivalent of the sunday insert for Hewlitt-Packard. It was a minor bad that they defaulted to checking yes for that. But what was extra bad and down right slimey was when I hoped into my account to edit it, they defaulted to checking it yet again! I had unchecked it originally and it had properly saved all my other preferences except that one. Come on H-P, show your customers respect. If I told you no the first time, don't try to sneak one past me.

No comments: